You can always depend on a good ripe banana to make a thick and creamy milkshake blender recipe. Banana milkshakes are loved by both Adults and kids alike, mainly for their sweet sugary taste and their high fibre content.
Another good reason for using a banana in a milk shake is that they are packed full of energy boosting nutrients. As they are available all year round it makes them one of the cheapest fruits on the market today.
The Basic Banana Milkshake Recipe
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until your milkshake is smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
A Banana Split Milkshake Recipe
If you have a soft spot for a cool banana split then you are in for a treat as this banana milkshake recipe has all the flavors of that scrumptious banana flavored ice cream dessert.
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup or sauce
- a few slicers of banana and a berry for decoration (optional)
- Place the milk, ice cream, syrup and peanut butter into the blender.
- Peel and chop the banana and place in the blender with the other ingredients.
- Blend until thick and smooth
A Banana and Nutella Milkshake Recipe
Thick and chocolaty and yet still nutritious! Who could possible resist this tasty milk shake treat
What you will need:
- 2 bananas peeled and chopped
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of nutella
- 1 cup of milk
Pop all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and frothy