Cold coffee flavored drinks and milkshake blender recipes have become increasingly popular over the years. With so many coffee syrups available to buy these days you can probably create almost any coffee flavoured milk or ice creams based drink you can think of.
One of my favorites is the coconut mocha milkshake made with 1 teaspoon coffee, 1tablespoon of coconut syrup, 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream and ½ a cup of milk.
We use coffee syrups like these on Amazon, but if you are unable to get hold of them you can usually adapted a recipe by changing the flavor of the ice cream and using ice cream topping and sauces instead. For example, the above recipe could have been made with, coconut ice cream and chocolate sauce or topping.
A Caramel Latte Milkshake
Milkshakes aren’t just for the kids, adults love them too! This rich, creamy caramel latte milkshake is perfect for any time of the year.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Caramel syrup to taste
- Whipped cream to serve
- Place milk, ice cream, coffee and caramel syrup into the blender and blend until smooth.
- You can add more caramel to suit your taste or add less coffee if you don’t like your milkshake so strong.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream.
Choca Mocha Milkshake
Emm.. the wonderful taste of coffee and chocolate, yes please!
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder or granules
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- squirty cream and chocolate powder (optional)
- Dissolve the coffee in the water set aside and leave to cool.
- Place the coffee, milk, syrup and ice cream into the blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Top with cream and sprinkle with a little chocolate powder.
Creamy Coffee Shake
Freshly ground coffee is best for this milk shake, but if it’s unavailable instant coffee will still taste pretty good.
Ingredients – makes 1 large cup
- 1 cup of black coffee (about 8 fl oz) made up to your usual taste
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Brown sugar to taste
- sprinkling of chocolate powder (optional)
How to make it
Allow the black coffee to cool then place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and frothy.