by Dan (Hampshire)
This no cook jam has a slightly thinner texture than the usual cooked jam and is made completely in a blender. This sweet tasting strawberry jam can be spread onto bread and toast, or spooned onto ice cream for a quick homemade sauce. I’ve even used it as a topping on a plain looking cheese cake to give it a lovely fresh taste of summer strawberries. So it’s quite versatile!
And here’s the best bit, once the jam has set, you can keep one in the refrigerator (for up to three weeks) and freeze the rest for up to a year. So you can enjoy that summer taste all year round.
What you will need
- 2 lb strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz liquid pectin
- Throw half the strawberries (1 lb) into the blender jar along with the sugar then blend until smooth and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the strawberries and give them a couple of blasts to crush them.
- Add the lemon juice and pectin and then give it another quick blast to blend it in.
- Transfer to air tight freezer safe containers and then leave to set in the refrigerator for 24 hours until set.
- Once the jam has set, you can keep one in the refrigerator (for up to three weeks) and freeze the rest for up to a year.